Greetings happy Apple user!
The latest version of iOS is here. Alex and myself go over some of its new features, accessibility improvements, bug fixes and more.
We then have ourselves a jolly rant about twitter douchebaggery, wannabe “leaders” and “NDA police”.
So hit play and enjoy!
Ok, let the pointless pedantry begin. Its “Mountain Lion” & we know that. eh?
Alex and I talk about accessibility features of 10.8. Including:
• New features.
Kick back & listen!
June 12th, 2012 / Tags:accessibility
/ Categories: Accessibility
No Comments »
First and foremost Virtual box. On (yes you guessed it!) Mac!
• Completely inaccessible. Lots of reasons for it so not a problem at all.
• Using those “Caps Lock” or “insert” keys as your screen reader modifier keys might present a challenge too. Good! What does not kill you makes you stronger!
None! Its a Mac for crying out loud!
Virtual Box on Windows.
No advantages nor disadvantages of any sort. It just works. Especially with NVDASR.
VMware. Win & OSX (accessible on both).
• Consistently sluggish on both platforms! Since version 4. Must be a feature. We’re still learning to appreciate it.
• VMware on Windows doesn’t require messing with key bindings (so takes some excitement out).
For more details stop trying to make sense of these show notes and just listen to the podcast.
~ Yours truly
J and not J (Yours truly aka Ivan) talk about amazing features of iOS 5 such as:
• VoiceOver loses TTS
• VoiceOver loses TTS and sounds
• VoiceOver loses focus
• VoiceOver ignores its own gestures
• Voiceover and Zoom both decide to come on at the same time and ignore their gestures
• Accessibility settings blow themselves away
These amazing (and rather random) bugs are impossible to reproduce on demand so according to accessibility@apple they are not a problem at all.
For more details LISTEN TO THE SHOW!
…and remember: “One bug added”